Drug Dependence Treatment
Dr. Sharma offers a Suboxone treatment program to help control withdrawal symptoms for those suffering from opioid addiction. Please visit www.suboxone.com to find out everything you need to know about this medication and, if you are interested, contact our office to set up an appointment.
Here is how the program works:
1. After your initial evaluation, Dr. Sharma will order some lab work for you to make sure you are a suitable candidate for the program.
2. You return to our office a few days later to discuss the results.
3. If treatment will be beneficial to you, Dr. Sharma will prescribe the Suboxone.
4. You will then return to our office daily for at least 3-4 days, where you will take the medication and sit in our office for a minimum of 3-4 hours while the doctor monitors your withdrawal symptoms.
5. At the end of that week, you will again meet with the doctor, at which point further treatment will be discussed and determined.
Some insurances will cover Suboxone treatment. However, you must supply us with your insurance information when making your appointment so that we may get the treatment pre-authorized by your insurer.
Please contact our office for more information or to set up an appointment.